Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What a Prayer!

Take a close look at this prayer by Thomas Reade and notice the emphasis on personal piety and total devotion to the Savior Jesus.

"Oh! divine Redeemer, out of whose inexhaustible fullness I would daily draw a rich supply of grace into my needy soul, be pleased to impart unto me an undivided heart; that to please You, may be my greatest happiness, and to promote Your glory my highest honor. Preserve me from false motives, from a double mind, and a divided heart. Keep me entirely to Yourself, and enable me to crucify every lust, which would tempt my heart from You. Enable me by Your grace to walk in one uniform path of holy, childlike obedience. When tempted to turn aside to the right hand or to the left, may I keep steadily Your way, until brought before Your throne, I see Your face, behold Your smile, and fall in ecstasy at Your feet, lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Thomas Reade, "On the Blessedness of a New Heart"

Personal revival can lead to corporate revival.

Have a good day

Bryan

No comments: